Christian Dior once said: “Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest.” With spring right around the corner it seems like a great time to assess your wardrobe and add a little zest with closest essentials. And, as it turns out, a beautiful and budget-friendly makeover can be done with ten items. Below are simple closet essentials that every woman needs in her closet.
1. It does not matter what you’re doing, a trench coat always makes sense. It is one of the most high-status pieces you can slip on and in an instant be set. What’s fun as well is that It doesn’t matter what you wear underneath a dress, skinny jeans and a tee or shorts, this is the quintessential closet essential and what we love is that it’s available at every price point from Burberry to Forever 21. 2. The pencil skirt is one of the few pieces that are uniquely feminine, while shirts, tailored jackets and pantsuits have been adapted from men’s clothing. The pencil skirt was created for the boardroom but easily can become everyday wear. Rebecca Taylor and Vince always have you covered in every fabrics from jersey to tweed. Make sure you look for ones that fall right at the knee. 3. Shapewear is of course, the foundation of any successful outfit. It is all about highlighting your assets and controlling the rest. With the Invention of these miraculous underpinnings, one can control her curves whilelooking chic in the thinnest of jerseys and the shiniest of fabrics. When you have the right foundation, it will make you feel beautiful from the inside to the outside. Nordstrom in Fashion Island has an array of styles for every shape and while you’re there don’t forget to visit one of their bra fitting experts for advice advice on what will work best for your shape. 4. Cashmere is a fabric which can take many shapes in your closet. It allows you to feel and look luxurious, while also feeling comfortable. For most of history, cashmere has been reserved for royalty and the wealthy, but that has changed. Check out local favorite Oats Cashmere, which can be found at Novecento and Kitson. 5. Black dresses have been around for centuries but fashionable black dresses really come into their own in the 14th Century. The add-on of “little” has been credited to the iconic designers, Chanel, Dior and Balenciaga. Developed out of necessity as women become busier, the LBD became an item that that has become the most important and versatile closet essential. Find styles like A.L.C to Tibi at out favorite local boutiques like Laguna Supply and Bardot.
6. In the world of fashion, the skinny pant suit is a relatively new fashion item for women. Women have turned suits into power items. Suits highlight your figure with polish and an underlying sexuality.
7. All through history, women have delighted in decorating their feet. They’ve have worn ornate slippers, constrictive Victorian boots, and today’s coveted red-soled shoes. Every woman needs a pair of black heels in their closet; they are a go to silhouette and pairs perfectly with everything. Choose your heel light appropriately, a two-three inch heel with a pointed toe will elongate your leg, but keep you functional for both your work day and your night out. Check out the shoe section at A’maree’s they carry everything from Celine sneakers to YSL heels. 8. Normally, you don’t keep a red lipstick in your cosmetics drawer but it now has become an essential. You’ll need to work with an expert at your favorite makeup counter like, Urban Decay, in order to find the “right red” for you.
9. The white shirt is an iconic American piece of clothing. It easily moved from the boyfriend’s side of the closet and onto the woman’s back.
10. Jeans purchased in a chain store as well as designer jeans found in a high-end department store convey the same allure and promise of casual elegance. Today we have more denim options than ever before. We love Solutions Denim for one stop shopping of all your denim needs, they have every silhouette you’d ever want to flatter your particular body type whether you prefer bootcut, straight leg, skinny or trouser-type jeans, they’ll have the solution.