Coming March 15th...My Next Styling Class at Bardot. Here's a sneak peek...
Edit, Organize, Style, Wear
While there's no universal code or to-do list that all stylish women adhere to, there are a few select habits that aid the process of crafting a good outfit every single day. From checking the weather to selecting the right undergarments, here are the quick daily routines that keep the best-dressed women on top of their style game.
1) They keep their closet organized. Hanging up, folding and putting away your clothes instead of throwing them around your room will speed up the process of selecting your outfit and help you edit your look and see exactly what pieces you're working with.
2) They check the weather every morning. Make The Weather Channel app your best friend. You can be wearing the greatest outfit ever, but if it's not fit for the temperature or rain, then it's not a good look on anyone, i.e. suede shoes in the middle of a torrential downpour or layer upon layer on a day that turns out to be 80 degrees.
3) They plan their outfits out ahead of time. While it's not always ideal to select your outfit the night before, giving yourself adequate time to plan almost always ensures a more put-together look than something you throw on as you're running out the door.
4) They give themselves enough time to get ready in the morning. Not all of us are gifted in that we can pull ourselves together in 10 minutes and still have that effortless, Parisian look. Give your snooze button a rest and wake up early enough so that you can put some time into your look.
5) They mix high and low fashion. You don't need to wear head-to-toe designer to put together a good look. Know when to mix and match both high and low fashion. Invest in a few classic pieces and find your trendier pieces at a lower price point.
6) They only wear clothes that fit properly. Squeezing into a pair of too-tight jeans is not a good look on anybody. Buy the right size for your body and always have a tailor on speed dial to tweak your pieces for the perfect fit.
7) They own a steamer. Fact: Wrinkled clothes look cheap. Using a steamer instead of an iron works better on most pieces. Plus, it's more controllable for even the trickiest of silhouettes and fabrics.
8) They select the right undergarments. Exposed bra straps may have worked on Carrie Bradshaw, but in real life, the look is a no-go. Visible panty lines and ill-fitting bras will distract and divert attention from even the most put-together outfits.
9) They have a go-to uniform always ready for back up. Hone in on a signature look that you can always rely on. Whether it's jeans and a blazer or head-to-toe black, find a style and make it yours. It will come in handy on those days where you have "nothing to wear."